The kitchen is the heart of our homes! By dint of spending time there to simmer your dishes, it can very quickly become one of the most difficult places to clean. Grease and stains can accumulate on walls, surfaces and appliances, what a mess! But why resort to toxic chemicals when you have the possibility of using other natural alternatives? In this article, we show you how to degrease your kitchen with natural and economical ingredients! The result will be nickel! Are we getting started?
Unsightly grease stains and bad smells… your kitchen is a breeding ground for all kinds of dirt and getting rid of them effectively can be a tedious task for many of you. Trick ! All you need to overcome this problem is to use two natural ingredients for only a few euros!
How often should you clean your kitchen?
The answer is regularly! Yes, in order to prevent the proliferation and spread of bacteria and germs, we recommend that you clean your kitchen daily and disinfect it at least once a week. As for cleaning surfaces (sink, work surface, hotplates, etc.), get into the habit of doing it after each use. As for the oven, the microwave or the refrigerator, it is best to do a deep cleaning once a week. What’s better than a clean and healthy kitchen? We give you a very practical natural household recipe to clean it thoroughly. Don’t worry, this trick is based on ingredients available in all houses.
Cleaning the kitchen with chemicals: what are the health risks?
For many of us, household cleaning products are essential around the house. Useful for degreasing, removing dirt and deep cleaning different surfaces, we don’t hesitate to add them to our shopping list, and to have a clear conscience, we opt for those with labels that claim to be respectful of the environment! Aerosols, air fresheners, oven cleaners… we are ready to do anything to sanitize our homes! Unfortunately, these products harbor compounds that can pose dangers to our health as well as our planet. In this case, it is important to take the necessary precautions to avoid any risk. And what’s better than making your own homemade cleaner?
What natural products should be used to effectively degrease the various kitchen surfaces?
Do you have a few lemons left lying around at the bottom of your fridge and you don’t know what to do with them? We suggest a tip approved by many experienced housewives. Also get baking soda and white vinegar. Ecological and economical, this mixture of natural ingredients allows you to effectively degrease and disinfect your kitchen. It’s up to you !
Make a Homemade Cleaner Using Baking Soda, Lemon, White Vinegar, and Dishwashing Liquid
- Boil 1 liter of water in a saucepan.
- Add the peels of 5 squeezed lemons and boil for 10 minutes.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of baking soda and leave on the heat for a good ten minutes.
- Remove the liquid from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Strain the mixture, add a cup of white vinegar and a cup of dish soap, then pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Simply spray the mixture directly onto the grease that has accumulated on your hob or extractor hood and let it sit for a while.
- Finally, all you have to do is pass a clean, damp cloth to remove all traces of dirt and you’re done!
Apart from the hob and the extractor hood, the mixture of lemon and white powder can be very useful to you on a daily basis. We show you how to use it to clean different surfaces in your kitchen.
Other Good Uses for Baking Soda and Lemon in the Kitchen
Whether it’s to remove stains from your pots and pans, clean your countertop and your oven or even deodorize your refrigerator, the mixture of baking soda and lemon is a great all-purpose cleaner!
How to remove fat and disinfect the oven with a mixture of baking soda and lemon?
To sanitize the oven with a mixture of baking soda and lemonthe trick is very simple, all you need to do is:
- Mix in a bowl, a cup of baking soda and a cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Then apply the mixture to the interior surfaces of the oven
- Allow the solution to sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Then pass a damp, clean cloth to remove excess liquid.
- And finally, rinse the oven with hot water.
No doubt about it! This trick is also useful for cleaning your kitchen furniture.
How to deodorize the fridge naturally with baking soda and lemon juice?
Baking soda is one of the most versatile cleaners, mixed with lemon juice, it will deodorize your refrigerator in no time. Once you have tested their disinfecting action, you will become totally addicted to them! Follow the steps below:
- Mix in a container filled with water a teaspoon of baking soda and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Use the resulting solution to clean the refrigerator and remove foul odors. All you have to do is spray the inside of your fridge, leave to act for ten minutes before wiping with a damp, clean cloth.
How to remove burnt food from the bottom of pans and pots with baking soda and lemon?
To remove burnt food from the bottom pots and pans, use a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice. We advise you to follow the following steps to avoid headaches:
- In a container, mix one cup of baking soda with the juice of one lemon.
- Then, add enough water to it to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to the burnt areas of your pots and pans, then scrub using a scouring sponge.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing your utensil with hot water and cleaning it as you normally do. And hop! your pots and pans will be like new.
The wooden worktop tends to get dirty too quickly: burn marks, grease stains, and especially bad smells… this place is regularly exposed to road accidents. If you want to sanitize your worktop and prevent it from stinking, just follow these tips and tricks from our grandmothers:
- Every two weeks, squeeze a lemon and pour its juice on your work surface.
- Leave on for about twenty minutes before wiping with a clean, dry cloth. The result will be flawless.
Baking soda, lemon or even white vinegar, cleaning your kitchen with natural ingredients will save you time and money, dear readers. Above all, you will avoid using expensive chemicals that are harmful to the planet.