With the projections of grease during the cooking of the dishes, the extractor hood becomes clogged quickly. Another inconvenience! The hood may no longer vacuum properly over time and use. Regular maintenance is essential! Fortunately, there are simple and effective methods to keep it in good condition. Discover an infallible tip for cleaning an extractor hood. Your kitchen will be clean! Let’s go !
The extractor hood of your food is filled with grease stains? You don’t know how to clean it effectively? Do not panic ! We suggest a cleaning method as long as you follow a few steps. You will do the cleaning without spending hours on it!
Cleaning tips: maintenance of a stainless steel kitchen extractor hood!
You want clean your hood easily ? It’s possible ! We present to you a very simple cleaning guide. Your hood will be like new. Follow the instructions!
Read also: Clothes dryer: the little-known trick for drying clothes twice as fast
For this you will need:
- A sponge
- A cloth
- household gloves
- A toothbrush
- white vinegar
- baking soda
- Dishwashing liquid
How to clean the filters of a kitchen hood?
For thorough cleaning, it is essential to properly clean the filters. Follow the leader !
- First, make sure your hood is off and not hot before removing the parts. Remove filters and other removable parts from your range hood. Consult your owner’s manual to find the correct way to do this. Otherwise, do a little research online. It’s simple !
- Then, in a basin, mix hot water with 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid and a cup of white vinegar.
- Soak your filters in it and let sit overnight.
- Using an old toothbrush, carefully scrub the filters and other parts to remove all grease stains. It’s done !
This method is only valid for metal filters. For paper filters and carbon filters, you must remove and replace them. You will find it for sale in supermarkets and department stores.
Extra tip: To soak your filters, also use a baking soda paste. Due to its abrasive action, this powder is very effective in eliminating grease residues on the filter of your hood. The result is flawless!
How to clean very dirty grids? Use white vinegar!
To clean the grilles of your hood, nothing complicated! We advise you to simply follow these steps. That’s it !
- First, turn off the power to the range hood.
- Then, unclip the grids.
- Mix boiling water with a cup of white vinegar.
- Soak your grates in the vinegar water and let stand.
- Rub with an abrasive sponge to remove residue and traces of grease.
- Rinse with clear water and allow to air dry. And There you go !
How to degrease the surface of your stainless steel hood without leaving traces? Advice !
- Apply dishwashing liquid directly to the stainless steel surface.
- Using a toothbrush, carefully remove the sticky residue. Attention ! A hard sponge or wire brush may scratch the stainless steel surface. Avoid rubbing abruptly.
- Wipe with a clean soft cloth. and There you go !
Cleaning products specially designed to treat surfaces such as stainless steel are also a very good alternative.
Read also: Can we leave the heating on all the time? The trick to reducing your energy bill
Tips for keeping a clean, grease-free cooker hood
Here are our tips for keeping your cooker hood clean. No need to schedule deep cleanings! We put you in the mood!
- Reduce the amount of fried food to avoid dirtying your hood.
- Plan a regular cleaning of your hood. The accumulation of dirt is to be avoided!
- Remove the filter and clean it once a month.
- Wipe the exterior surface of the hood with dishwashing liquid or cleaning product after each use.
- Always use a soft, clean cloth to wipe down your hood. In this way, you will avoid dirt marks and scratches.
Dear readers, our advice will be invaluable to you for a quick and easy cleaning of your kitchen hood. Follow our steps and you will have a satisfactory result. Nothing complicated!
Read also: Put a soap in an old sock: it solves one of the biggest problem of the bathroom
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings