Have you just accidentally spilled a drink on your carpet and you don’t know what to do? Do not worry ! We have THE magic solution to clean it and restore it to its former glory. Let’s discover together all the steps to achieve this in two steps.
There’s no doubt about it: rugs are a staple in every home. They decorate and cover the floor of your living room and give a unique touch to your interior. Only downside: they get dirty quickly and can accumulate dust, traces of mud, pet hair and lots of dirt carried by your shoes. So, if you are looking for an ingenious trick to preserve their beautiful appearance without getting tired, discover our instructions for use!
Your carpet looks gray and you don’t know how to give it some color ? No need to resort to drastic measures. Did you know that a simple dishwasher tablet can do the trick? Here’s how.
Carpet cleaning with a dishwasher capsule
You may not know it, but a dishwasher capsule can work wonders on all kinds of stains on the carpet. This product offers a powerful blend of cleaning substances that help eliminate stains and dirt in depth.
- To start, clean your carpet using a vacuum cleaner or a soft bristle brush.
- Place the capsule in a basin of hot water and let it melt.
- Take a microfiber cloth large enough to cover the diameter of a pan lid.
- Dip it in this solution, wring it out then cover the whole lid with it and close the sides with a knot at the handle.
- Hold the lid by the handle and scrub. This method covers more of your carpet to clean it evenly.
- Rinse the carpet but this time repeating the operation with a cloth soaked in water and wrung out.
- Then let the rug air dry.
No doubt about it, you will have an impeccable result.
Other products and natural stain removers to deep clean a carpet
Cleaning a rug or carpet can seem like a hassle, especially when it comes to cleaning a wine, tea or coffee stain. But think again, dear readers! All you need is a little time and a few natural products to save its fibers and clean it thoroughly.
Baking soda, one of the best dry carpet cleaners
Our grandmothers never stopped extolling the merits of baking soda. It belongs to a long list of versatile household products that are proven to clean carpets. This is also the simplest and most effective solution. for a quick dry wash.
- After vacuuming your carpet, sprinkle it liberally with baking soda.
- Using a soft brush, make circular movements to make the product penetrate inside.
- Let sit for several hours before vacuuming up the powder.
In addition to being a good dry cleaner, baking soda is an excellent deodorizer. It also cleans your white carpets and makes them look great.
Use sparkling water to revive the color of a carpet naturally
Unlike baking soda, carbonated water is an unusual but very effective household product for stubborn carpet stains. This drink is able to act effectively against stains and dirt that accumulates on the fibers. How ? Thanks to the action of the bubbles which penetrate inside the fibers and dislodge dirt and impurities.
- Using a sponge or a soft cloth, soak your carpet in sparkling water.
- Let the liquid act for a few minutes before rubbing gently with a sponge or brush.
- Then rinse the carpet with clean water and you’re done!
If necessary, do not hesitate to add baking soda as mentioned above.
If you’re worried about damaging your carpet during cleaning, don’t worry. The most important thing is to use the right products and tools best suited to the fibers of your carpet. So before trying a washing method, carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions on your carpet label. They will tell you if it is able to withstand machine washing or cleaning with a specific product. Natural solutions like baking soda won’t harm your area rug. A steam cleaner is also an effective and safe tool for cleaning carpets and rugs. If you have it at home, it will be easier to deeply detach any type of carpet. The high temperature as well as the tip in the form of a brush will help you to unclog the dirt that is stuck to the fibers.
White carpets are the hardest to clean. At the slightest trace of dust, they become dull and lose all their charm. To complete this little challenge, all you will need is a vacuum cleaner, a sponge and a 100% natural ingredient.
Clean the carpet with white vinegar
White vinegar is a very effective household product forclean and disinfect surfaces but also light carpets. Natural and safe for children and pets, it guarantees an impeccable result on carpets and white rugs.
- First, mix in a container one part white vinegar and two parts hot water.
- Then pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture on the carpet and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- And finally, use a vacuum cleaner to remove the residue.
Voila, your white carpet is clean as new!
To clean a wool carpet without too much effort, start by shaking it vigorously to remove dust and other dirt. Then use a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush to suck up dirt and hair thoroughly. Now that you have reached the cleaning stage, follow the instructions below:
Cleaning a wool rug with ammonia
Like white vinegar, ammonia is a powerful cleaner capable of removing the most stubborn stains on wool carpets but also light-colored carpets.
- All you have to do is prepare a mixture consisting of two-thirds cold water and one-third ammonia.
- Then test the solution on a small area of your carpet so as not to damage it.
- Are you reassured? Apply the ammonia-based cleaner to the entire carpet using a soft brush.
- Pass a damp cloth to complete the operation and let dry.
Please note that ammonia must be handled with care. Vapors may be toxic and cause irritation. Arm yourself with gloves and a mask for more precautions before handling it.
Now that you have learned the useful tips and tricks to clean the carpet effortlessly, do not hesitate to use them at home!